Tuesday, June 28, 2016

FANTASY 1972 SANDY KOUFAX CARD

A while back I started my Sandy Koufax “Fantasy” set of cards with both 1970 and 1971 creations, and today I present my last one, a 1972 version (though of course there WILL be an “In-Action” card for the ‘72 set as well!):


This was just my “what if” had Koufax’s career not been derailed by arm troubles, forcing him to retire after another dominating season in 1966. A season which saw him win his third Cy Young Award in four years.
We all know how he’d end up the youngest member of the Hall of Fame just a handful of years later, and a common face in Dodger Spring Training camps after that.
But boy, the “what if’s” that bounce around in my head, even WITH the Hall of Fame career he already put in...

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.