Thursday, June 20, 2013
JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT- 1970'S BASEBALL TRIVIA PART III
Ok. It's Thursday, so here are the next set of trivia questions related to 1970's baseball. See if you get the correct answers before I post them tomorrow.
1. What team during the decade became the first with four players hitting 30+ home runs in the same season?
2. Two players during the '70's had a season where they hit 30+ home runs, as well as steal 50+ bases, though NOT in the same year. Who are they?
3. This pair of players had the good fortune of playing for both the N.L. and A.L. top one season wins teams of the '70's, the 1975 Reds and the 1970 Orioles. Who are they?
4. We all know that the Orioles had four 20-game winners on their staff in 1971. But who was fifth in wins on that staff, and how many?
5. What rookie whiffed 215 batters in 1975 to go along with his 2.88 E.R.A. and 15 wins?
***SPOILER ALERT! ANSWERS BELOW:
1. 1977 Dodgers: Steve Garvey, Reggie Smith, Dusty Baker and Ron Cey.
2. Tommy Harper (54 SB in 1973 & 31 HR's in 1970) and Don Baylor (52 SB in 1976 & 34 & 36 HR's in 1978/1979).
3. Terry Crowley & Merv Rettenmund.
4. Dick Hall with 6 wins.
5. John Montefusco, Giants.