Just to get our minds churning a bit, here are a few baseball trivia questions related to the 1970's. I'll post the answers tomorrow down below:
1. Only one player in Major League history has had seasons of 40+ homers in three different decades. One of these seasons were during the 1970's. Who is it?
2. Besides Nolan Ryan, only one other pitcher threw two no-hitters during the decade. Who was it?
3. Only one player had a 20-20-20 season in the decade (20 doubles/20 triples/20 homers). Who was he?
4. The last pitcher to have 30 or more complete games did it in the 1970's. Who was it and when?
5. Johnny Bench won his two N.L. MVP awards in 1970 and 1972. Ironically, the same player finished second in voting both seasons. Who was he?
***SPOILER ALERT*** ANSWERS
1. Harmon Killebrew, 1970
2. Steve Busby, 1973 & 1974
3. George Brett, 1979
4. Jim "Catfish" Hunter, 1975
5. Billy Williams