Wednesday, August 26, 2020

NOT REALLY MISSING IN ACTION- 1971 LOYD COLSON

 Here’s a card that I created “by accident”, realizing later on that the player was on a multi-player rookie card in the 1971 set. But nevertheless, I figure I’d present it anyway, a 1971 “dedicated rookie” for one game Major League pitcher Loyd Colson:


Since he appeared in one game for the entirety of his Big League tenure, I thought it was still a nice card to have as part of the “wthballs” collection.
Colson appeared in his one game on September 25th of 1970, pitching two innings and allowing one run on three hits against the Detroit Tigers, striking out three without a walk.
He’d spend his entire pro career with the New York Yankees, beginning pro ball in 1967 and pitching in the Minors through the 1972 season, retiring at only 24 years of age soon after.
Topps originally had him on a multi-player rookie card in the 1971 set, sharing his cardboard debut with Bobby Mitchell. I believe when I initially searched to see if he had a card, I typed in “Lloyd” instead of “Loyd”.
Oh well, my mistake if your gain (for those who were looking for a dedicated Colson card!)

 


 

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.