Monday, August 12, 2013

RANDOM QUICKIE: 1972 GERRY MOSES AND DAVE LaROCHE

Take a quick look at the two cards below. Did you see the same card?
Look again. I happened to notice this a few days ago flipping through the 1972 set.
The Gerry Moses card (#356) and Dave LaRoche card (#352) are almost exactly the same. I swear I thought I erroneously had the same card in my set at the expense of another. For a split second I thought I messed up and did NOT have the complete set. Whew!
Funny coincidence that I never spotted before, just a few cards apart in the set...

At a quick glance...

...they look like the same card.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! You saw it too. Check out Gerry, Dave, and a bunch of other identical twins right here:

    http://reallybadbaseballcards.blogspot.com/2014/08/separated-at-birth-60s-version.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love it! It is funny how some people notice the same obscure stuff! I love the "reallybadbaseballcards" blog. Have it listed as one of my "must reads" on the right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Never noticed that. Airbrushing can be distracting, but the staring up at the sky shots are REALLY annoying. The 1973 set had several of those gems.

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.