Thursday, August 29, 2013
JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT- 1970'S BASEBALL TRIVIA PART XIII
The thirteenth edition of 1970's baseball trivia is upon us. As usual, the answers will be posted down below tomorrow.
1. Who were the only teammates to have 200+ hits in the same season more than once during the decade?
2. During the 1970's, who posted the highest single-season slugging percentage?
3. Three former or future Cy Young winners had a season that saw them LOSE 20+ games during the '70's. Who are the three hurlers?
4. While no one tallied 100+ extra base hits in a season between 1970-79, who was the only player to even reach 90 E.B.H. in a campaign?
5. Three different Cincinnati Reds pitchers lead the N.L. in winning percentage in consecutive seasons at some point in the 1970's. Who were they and what seasons did this happen?
***SPOILER ALERT! ANSWERS BELOW:
1. Joe Torre and Lou Brock, St. Louis Cardinals, 1970 & 1971.
2. Hank Aaron, 1971. .669
3. Denny McLain, 1971; Steve Carlton, 1973; Randy Jones, 1974.
4. Willie Stargell, 1973 with 90.
5. Wayne Simpson, 1970; Don Gullet, 1971; Gary Nolan, 1972.