Let's go ahead and look at some high (or low) water marks in pitching categories for the 1970's.
Take a look at the questions and see how many you can answer…
Answers posted tomorrow…
- What season produced the most 20-game winners in the Majors during the '70's?
- What season saw the most 200-strikeout performances during the decade?
- What season saw the most sub-3.00 E.R.A.'s in the 1970's?
- Conversely, what year saw the least amount of sub-3.00 E.R.A.'s?
- Two seasons tied for lowest amount of 200-strikeout years by pitchers. Which ones were they?
1. 1971, with 14 20-game winners..
2. 1973, with 11 pitchers topping 200 K's.
3. 1972, with an incredible 44 pitchers posting sub-3.00 earned run averages.
4. 1970, with only six pitchers under the 3.00 mark.
5. 1978 and 1979, when only five pitchers topped the mark.