Sunday, June 29, 2014

MISSING IN ACTION...WELL SORT OF: 1973 BOB RAUCH

Ok, so this guy really didn't put in a lot of tome to warrant a card the following year, but I did find a great high-resolution image of him so I went ahead and designed a card anyway.
Check out my 1973 Bob Rauch Topps card:


Rauch's entire Major League career encompassed 19 games for the Mets in 1972, saving one and posting a record of 0-1.
Drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1967, Rauch would end up playing for the Dodgers, Mets, Indians and A's minor league systems, finally calling it a career in 1975.
I think it's fun working on cards of guys that barely registered a "blip" on the Major League scene, and I think I'll try coming up with more and more of them as time goes on.
Hope you enjoy them as well…

7 comments:

  1. I love cards for the barely blippers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - the number of "journeyman" players who have played in the Majors far outnumbers the "superstars"

    Giovanni, what software did you use to create the Rauch card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Graham,
      I use both Illustrator and Photoshop (I'm a graphic designer by trade).
      Photoshop for any photo/card editing then Illustrator for text, lines, graphics, etc...

      Delete
  3. Absolutely awesome. There was a set I bought from Larry Fritsch Cards I think it was called "One Year Winners" that had cards of players like this from the 1960's. Since I grew up in the 70's I love your card creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks! I'm having a blast creating them!
      I remember that Fritsch set. I think there may have been a "series 2" as well! What a great idea that was back then...
      Glad with the web we can all keep it going these days.

      Delete

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.