Time for a revisit of the twelfth edition of 1970's baseball trivia from 2013. See how many you can get.As usual, the answers will be posted down below tomorrow.
1. On August 11, 1970 he became the first pitcher to win 100 games in both the A.L. and N.L. since Cy Young. Who was he??
2. On September 5th, 1971 this pitcher tied the THEN big league record with 15 strikeouts in his first Major League start. Who was he?
3. On August 11th and 12th, 1977, this player broke up TWO straight no-hitters late in the game, one by Mike Torrez of the Yankees, and the next by Jim Palmer of the Orioles. Who was the batter?
4. In 1972, this pitcher threw THREE two-hitters and TWO one-hitters, yet finished with a record of 10-21. Who was this hard-luck hurler?
5. Who was the only M.L. player to attain 200 hits in a 1970's campaign while playing for two teams? Hint: he was a Rookie of the Year runner up earlier in the decade.
***SPOILER ALERT! ANSWERS BELOW:
1. Jim Bunning.
2. J.R. Richard, Houston Astros.
3. Manny Sanguillen, Oakland A's.
4. Steve Arlin, San Diego Padres
5. Willie Montanez, 1976, split between the Atlanta Braves and San Francisco Giants.