Tuesday, January 10, 2017

SPECIAL CARD- 1973 WILLIE MAYS AND HANK AARON

I came across this great photo of Willie Mays and Hank Aaron from around 1972 and couldn’t help but create a card for it:


Two legends at the tail-end of their incredible careers.
Imagine, over 1400 home runs and about 7000 Major League hits along with around 4000 runs scored and RBI’s in just under 50 years of playing time.
Just awesome.
If you like this sort of stuff I plan on creating more of these “specials” that I’ll sprinkle in to the different sets through the decade.

5 comments:

  1. Great card! I disliked the multiple player card as a kid because I always sorted my cards into teams and these became leftovers at the end of the box. Definitely preferred the multi-player card when all the players were from the same team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card. Glad I was old enough to remember Hank hitting 714. He was (and still is) a class act.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the use of the name "Diamond Kings". We all associate that with Donruss, but in 1973 it would have been new!

    I was very lucky to actually see Aaron and Mays play that very year.--a Mets/Braves game at Shea. I was about 6 but I remember being excited about it and putting a newspaper article about it in my scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I think I've asked you this before, but do you print any of your cards? I'm interested in some of the Houston ones that you've made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Sorry for the delay. I'd like to think that eventually I'll print a bunch out. For now I am printing a postcard (with card to size) for each issue of the "wthballs" magazine.

      Delete

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.