Sunday, October 23, 2016

NOT REALLY MISSING IN ACTION- A PREVIEW OF 2017

Today I am giving a little teaser as to my focus in 2017 for the blog: creating cards for as many players that appeared in a Major League game regardless of how much they played.
So today’s subject is the Minnesota Twins Bucky Guth, who got to taste what it was like to be a Major League player with three scant games in 1972, playing one of those games in the field while collecting three at-bats without a hit:


All told Guth went 0-3 with a run scored in his Major League career as a late-season call-up, never to make it back to the “Bigs” again, finishing his pro-career with one more year in the minors in 1973.
As I find more and more of these great photos of players who barely got to see action during the 1970’s, it makes it a MUST that I try to create as many cards documenting the decade as I can.
Heck, if the supplies are there, why not?!
So for next year, besides the other special cards and sub-sets I try to come up with, a BIG focus will be the “Not Really Missing in Action” sub-set, as I have already collected almost a couple of hundred images to use.
Hope you all like the topic as much as I will!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.