Wednesday, December 2, 2015

MISSING IN ACTION- 1978 SHELDON MALLORY

Here’s a “missing card” for a player I thought I’d never get to make, a missing 1978 card for former one-year wonder and Oakland A’s player Sheldon Mallory.
Check out my card:


I could never find a decent photo of Mallory to use for his short career, and it was driving me nuts until I came across this nice photo not too long ago.
Mallory’s sole Major League season in 1977 consisted of 64 games and a .214 batting average based on his 27 hits over 126 at-bats.
He collected five extra base hits and 12 stolen bases while patrolling the outfield.
Sadly for him that would be the only taste of the big leagues he’d get, playing out the last two years of his professional career in the Toronto and Cleveland minor league systems before leaving the game for good after 1979.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.