Thursday, December 24, 2015
JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT- 1970'S BASEBALL TRIVIA PART #127 (A REVISIT OF #45)
Trivia time yet again.
This week we look at all 50+ stolen base guys during the decade of the 1970's.
See how many you can get.
Answers will be posted tomorrow…
1. Among all 50+ stolen base guys in the '70's, who also slammed the most homers that year?
2. Who posted the fewest hits in a season they stole 50 or more bases?
3. Who posted the lowest batting average in a 50-stolen base season during the '70's?
4. Conversely, who hit for the highest average in a 50-stolen base season during the decade?
5. Who appeared in the fewest games while still stealing more than 50 bases in the '70's?
***SPOILER ALERT! ANSWERS BELOW:
1. Joe Morgan, Reds. 27 homers in 1976.
2. Miguel Dilone, A's. Only 59 hits in 1978!
3. Dave Nelson, Rangers. .226 BA in 1972.
4. Joe Morgan, Reds. He hit .327 in 1975.
5. Larry Lintz, Expos. 113 games in 1974.