Saturday, November 7, 2015

1979 TOPPS REGGIE JACKSON REDONE: FOR THE SAKE OF "ACTION"

Here’s a card I have always wanted to re-do with a better image: the 1979 Topps Reggie Jackson card.
Take a look at what I came up with:

I always felt that super close up of him with his shades was a let down after his absolutely AWESOME action 1978 card (one of my all-time favorites).
So I just went and replaced the “Hollywood” portrait shot with an in-game action picture of him instead.
I have always been a fan of the all-stars in the 1979 set because I’ve always felt the layout and graphics worked well (think of the Brett, Carew and Bowa cards), so to have an action shot of baseball’s biggest star then would have been epic in my eyes.
“Mr. October” was in full-swing by the time these 1979 cards hit the market, and I remember first pulling out a Reggie card from packs that year and being bummed out.
Then again I was a bit bummed out with the 1979 card design as a whole (except for aforementioned all-star cards), and don’t even get me started on the black and white rookie cards and the “all-time” sub-set. Ugh...


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.