Here's something I should have done a while ago with the weekly quiz: base it on baseball cards from the decade!
Take a stab and see how many you can get.
Answers will be posted tomorrow.
- What American League shortstop was supposed to be shown as an "all-star" in the 1979 Topps set, but wasn't?
- What American league outfielder was supposed to be shown as an "all-star" in the 1978 set, but for some reason wasn't?
- In 1976, Topps had two players shown as "N.L. All-Star" for third base. Who were they?
- In the 1975 set, there's an American League outfielder missing in the "all-star" line-up of cards. Who was it?
- Can you name the FIVE Cincinnati Reds who were "all-stars" in the 1977 set?
1. Freddie Patek, Royals.
2. Richie Zisk.
3. Pete Rose and Ron Cey.
4. Reggie Jackson, A's.
5. Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, George Foster and Dave Concepcion.