Trivia once again, and today we'll look at strikeout leaders during the 1970's.
Answers posted tomorrow, as usual…
- Among all strikeout leaders during the decade, who had the least amount of wins in their K-Topping season?
- What league-leading strikeout pitcher had the highest E.R.A. during their season?
- What pitcher posted the lowest E.R.A. in their K-leading season?
- Who suffered the most losses in a season while leading the league in K's?
- Who pitched the fewest innings among all strikeout leaders in the 1970's?
***SPOILER ALERT! ANSWERS BELOW:
1. Nolan Ryan, Angels in 1978. He had only 10 wins.
2. Phil Niekro, Braves. He had a 4.03 earned run average in 1977.
3. Tom Seaver, Mets. He had a 1.76 E.R.A. in 1971.
4. Phil Niekro, Braves. Again, in 1977. He had 20 losses.
5. Nolan Ryan (who else), Angels. He threw only 222.2 innings in 1979 while leading the A.L. in strikeouts.