This week's trivia deal with shortstops in the 1970's and offense.
See how many you can get.
As usual answers will be posted tomorrow.
- What shortstop hit the most home runs in a season during the '70's?
- What shortstop was the only one to collect 200 or more hits in a season during the '70's?
- Besides Templeton, who are the only two other shortstops to score 100 or more runs in a season during the decade? Hint: they both played for the same team.
- Who stole the most bases in a season among shortstops in the 1970's?
- Rico Petrocelli was the only shortstop in the '70's to top 100 R.B.I.'s in a season (1970), besides him who came the closest to 100?
1. Rico Petrocelli, Red Sox, with 29 in 1970.
2. Gary Templeton, Cardinals. He did this twice: in 1977 and 1979.
3. The Cubs' Don Kessinger in 1970 and Ivan DeJesus in 1978.
4. Frank Taveras, Pirates, with 70 in 1977.
5. Roy Smalley, Twins, with 95 in 1979.