Sunday, July 10, 2016

ONE OF THE GREATEST CARDS OF THE DECADE; 1971 KEN MCMULLEN

Recently when I asked everyone what their favorite card of the decade was, there were lots of surprises, and even MORE expected choices.
And ONE mention in particular made me happy since it seems to be forgotten, yet is so freaking cool it deserves a post to it’s awesomeness: the 1971 Ken McMullen card:


Man what a perfect in-game photo, and to top it off it shows old Yankee Stadium AND the flag pole and monuments in the outfield!! To my knowledge I don’t know of any other cards that show that! (anyone know of others?).
Fantastic card from a fantastic set!
So many great action cards from this set, yet I can’t figure out why Topps botched action cards the following couple years so much (especially their "In Action sub-set of 1972!).

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.