Monday, July 4, 2016

MISSING IN ACTION- 1973 LUTE BARNES

Happy Fourth of July everyone! Have a safe and fun day...
Yes, I AM pushing it here creating a “missing” card for former New York Mets player Lute Barnes, but I’ve decided to push ahead and create cards for anyone I can find a suitable image for and played in a Major League game the year before.
I’ll really hit the ground running in January 2017 with this thread, but here’s a bit of a taste:


Barnes appeared in 24 games for the Mets during the 1972 season, manning second and short while hitting .236 at the plate with 17 hits over 72 at-bats with a couple of doubles and triples.
That would be the bulk of his career in the big leagues, as he would only manage to get into three games the following season, going 1-2 at the plate as a pinch hitter before wrapping up a short two-year career.
If you’re all for these guys getting cards on my blog let me know! Would love to know if there’s an interest in the effort or not...

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.