Monday, July 4, 2016

MISSING IN ACTION- 1973 LUTE BARNES

Happy Fourth of July everyone! Have a safe and fun day...
Yes, I AM pushing it here creating a “missing” card for former New York Mets player Lute Barnes, but I’ve decided to push ahead and create cards for anyone I can find a suitable image for and played in a Major League game the year before.
I’ll really hit the ground running in January 2017 with this thread, but here’s a bit of a taste:


Barnes appeared in 24 games for the Mets during the 1972 season, manning second and short while hitting .236 at the plate with 17 hits over 72 at-bats with a couple of doubles and triples.
That would be the bulk of his career in the big leagues, as he would only manage to get into three games the following season, going 1-2 at the plate as a pinch hitter before wrapping up a short two-year career.
If you’re all for these guys getting cards on my blog let me know! Would love to know if there’s an interest in the effort or not...

12 comments:

  1. Yes, make more cards like these. I'm genuinely in awe of how authentic they look, like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got excited about Lute Barnes, but that's because I remember him from my 1970's Mets yearbooks. I can't guarantee how excited I'd get over someone who, for example, played 24 games for the Padres, but I'd probably still check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Gio... I absolutely LOVE these missing in action cards!!! Like Sabatino said...amazing how authentic some of your creations look... Shlabotnikreport... Padres .... Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!
    Love your missing Mets keep 'em coming

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Gio! Lute was one of those "up and coming rookies" in the Mets yearbooks who I looked forward to seeing play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to your creations and love to see cards of players that were never issued one by Topps in the first place. Standing by for that Billy Williams (not THAT one) Pilots card! Keep up the outstanding work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep em coming no matter how obscure the players. I think it would be neat to try tracking down some of these players and show them your designs. Some of those guys must be on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep em coming no matter how obscure the players. I think it would be neat to try tracking down some of these players and show them your designs. Some of those guys must be on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anything you are willing to do is great! All of the cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.