Thursday trivia time, and this week we'll revisit my 15th trivia post from back in 2013.Answers tomorrow, as usual…
1. Who was the only N.L. Pitcher to win 20+ games in a season while posting a winning pct of .800 or better?
2. In 1970 this player hit 40+ homers for the third consecutive season, becoming the last to do so until Jay Buhner in 1995-97. Who was it?
3. What teams stole an incredible 341 bases in a season during the decade, with no less than eight players topping 20+ steals?
4. In 1971 this player hit .283, good for his second highest total in his 17-year career. That was 78 points LOWER than his career high of .361 ten years earlier. Who was it?
5. While Ron Guidry posted the highest winning percentage for a season during the decade in 1978 (25-3), the second highest percentage among pitchers who qualified also achieved this in 1978, finishing second behind "Louisiana Lightning". Who was it?
***SPOILER ALERT! ANSWERS BELOW:
1. John Candelaria: 20-5 in 1977.
2. Frank Howard, who hit 40+ home runs three years in a row: 1968-70 for the Washington Senators.
3. The Oakland A's of 1976, lead by Bill North with 75.
4. Norm Cash, Detroit Tigers.
5. Bob Stanley, who went 15-2 for the Boston Red Sox, good for a winning percentage of .882.