Monday, January 6, 2014

RANDOM QUICKIE: ANOTHER CLASSIC FROM 1975: CARD #460 N.L. CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Here's another one that stuck in my mind after all these years, the National League Championship Series card from the 1975 set, #460.
 
What a great shot!
 
I just love the shot of Steve Garvey and Frank Taveras at second base, dust floating up after what seems to be a stolen base or close play (?) from the N.L. Playoffs.
I also think the card border colors play well with the photo colors as well, and I've stated many times before how I am a sucker for an overall cohesive design between card and image.
Just a great in-game photo caught at the right moment.
And it doesn't hurt having an "extra" card of newly-annointed (at the time) National League Most Valuable Player Garvey, correct?

3 comments:

  1. Love how Tavaras is staring at the ball, as if it holds the mystery as to why Garvey was safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how Tavaras is staring at the ball, as if it holds the mystery as to why Garvey was safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief! I never knew that was Steve Garvey. I always wondered why they used that shot, now I can see why.

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.