Monday, January 6, 2014

RANDOM QUICKIE: ANOTHER CLASSIC FROM 1975: CARD #460 N.L. CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Here's another one that stuck in my mind after all these years, the National League Championship Series card from the 1975 set, #460.
 
What a great shot!
 
I just love the shot of Steve Garvey and Frank Taveras at second base, dust floating up after what seems to be a stolen base or close play (?) from the N.L. Playoffs.
I also think the card border colors play well with the photo colors as well, and I've stated many times before how I am a sucker for an overall cohesive design between card and image.
Just a great in-game photo caught at the right moment.
And it doesn't hurt having an "extra" card of newly-annointed (at the time) National League Most Valuable Player Garvey, correct?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.