Friday, October 18, 2019

1971 FANTASY CARD- CARLTON FISK

I always wanted to create a 1971 card for Hall of Fame catcher Carlton Fisk, even though he didn’t appear in a Major League game during the 1970 season, so here goes:


I created a 1970 “not so missing” card for him a while back since he did make his MLB debut as a 21-year-old in 1969, so having a nice “fill-in” card to run his entire career of 1969-1993 was a must in my eyes.
What needs to be stated about his Big League career that hasn’t been said?
All the man did was put in 24 seasons as a catcher, hitting 376 homers, making eleven All-Star teams, giving us one of the iconic moments in the game’s history in 1975 with his homer off the foul pole in the World Series, and playing his way straight to the Hall of Fame.
I will never forget the day as an eleven year old that I heard he was now with the Chicago White Sox! To me he was such a Boston Red Sox player it even stunned the young Yankee fan in me.
Nevertheless, Fisk would end up playing another 13 seasons with the White Sox after eleven with Boston, something I am sure NONE of us expected back in 1981.
Just amazing. The man was a tank! And tough as nails as well!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.