Wednesday, March 27, 2024

WTHBALLS GUM PACK CUSTOM SET: NOLAN RYAN

Up on the blog today, we post up my Nolan Ryan mini "Gum Pack" custom card, from my set released a few months back:



Just a fun set to design and release, using a fun packaging idea that came to me one day as I was in the candy/gum aisle of a super market.
What really needs to be said about a guy who has become more myth than baseball legend?
300+ wins, 5700+ strikeouts, 60+ shutouts, and oh yeah SEVEN no-hitters, two of which came when he was well into his 40’s while with the Texas Rangers!
I love thinking about the fact that he did most of his damage in the American League with the designated hitter. Now imagine how many strikeouts he could have had in his prime pitching in the National League where the pitcher batted?!
Would it be safe to say you could add 20-30 strikeouts a season to his total? More?
Hey, you never know…
Nevertheless, the man became a baseball God, eventually finding his place in the Hall of Fame upon his first year of eligibility as an absolute no-brainer.
I just thank the skies above that I got to see him pitch in-person!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.