Wednesday, May 4, 2022

SPECIAL SPOTLIGHT: "LOST" 1963 FLEER SECOND SERIES: HARMON KILLEBREW

The next custom from my "Lost Second Series" 1963 Fleer set released last year is the great Harmon Killebrew, always a favorite of mine to create a card for:



 
"Killer" was smack in the middle of a historic home run barrage, one that saw him hit 40+ homers five of six seasons between 1959 and 1964, with four 100-RBI seasons as well.
He was an absolute BEAST at the plate, crushing 573 lifetime homers, MOST of them during the pitching-era of the 1960's into the '70's.
Eight 40+ home run seasons, nine 100+ runs batted in seasons, seven 100+ base-on-balls seasons, an M.V.P. in 1969 (with five top-5 finishes in M.V.P. voting as well), and a Hall of Fame induction in 1984.
As I stated earlier, he has always been a favorite player of mine since I first "discovered" him when I flipped over his 1973 card, not believing the numbers I was seeing as a 10-year-old in 1979 at my cousin's house.
It was mind-boggling, and the love-affair began right then!
What a player!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.