Monday, November 14, 2016

MISSING IN ACTION- 1975 JESUS HERNAIZ

Here’s a card for a guy that put in one solitary season in the Major Leagues, Jesus Hernaiz, who pitched for the Philadelphia Phillies in 1974:


Sorry for the image I used. Falls short of my usual standards. However I really could not find a better photo of the guy anywhere!

In his one shot at the big leagues, Hernaiz posted a 2-3 record with a 5.88 earned run average over 27 games and 41.1 innings pitched, never to appear in another game at the top level again.
I tell you, it was tough finding a useful image to use for this card, and the one I did find wasn’t that good a shot, but through the magic of Photoshop I did the best I could to make it happen.
Hernaiz isn’t exactly a “Not Quite Missing in Action” player, but it was fun creating a card for a player who made such a brief appearance in the long history MLB.


FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.