Wednesday, August 10, 2016

ERNIE BANKS MAKES AN APPEARANCE IN THE 1977 SET!

You know, it wasn’t until YEARS after this card was issued that I ever realized that “Mr. Cub”, Ernie Banks was actually in the 1977 Topps set, with his face easily recognizable on the Cubs’ team card:


I’m telling you, it wasn’t until the early-80’s, as a high-schooler thumbing through my cards on a lazy Saturday afternoon that I realized that the legend was there, smiling as always, right in the middle of Dave Rosello, Manny Trillo, the Reuschel brothers and Jose Cardenal!
I was psyched, since at the time the only Banks card I had in my collection were some league-leader cards from the late-60’s since I was a broke teen who’d spend any $$ he did have on Punk records!
Pretty sweet!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.