Wednesday, November 10, 2021

GIMMIE A DO-OVER OF ONE OF MY OWN- 1975 BOB BARTON

Back in December of 2015 I created a 1975 "missing in action" card for former catcher Bob Barton, using a photo I was not 100% happy with. 

Well today I can finally post up an "upgrade", with a much better image, so here goes:


 
For those that want to see my original card from six years ago, here it is:

 
As you can see, much better this time around, and I'm glad I came across this new photo to improve on the card.
Here's my original write-up for the post way back when:

"Barton played in 30 games for San Diego in 1974, the last Major League games he’d suit up for in his 10-year career.
He batted .235 that season, with 19 hits over 81 at-bats.
For his career he finished off with a .226 average over 393 games, mainly all as a catcher with the San Francisco Giants, San Diego Padres and Cincinnati Reds between 1965-1974.
Of course I’ll always remember him for his hilarious 1972 Topps “In Action” card, which always struck me as a riot!"

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.