Wednesday, August 10, 2016

THE 1ST OF WHAT I HOPE ARE A SERIES OF MAGAZINES!!! PLEASE READ!

I’m excited to show off an idea I’ve been kicking around for a while now, to print an 8.5x11 full-color magazine based on all the creations here on this blog.
Being that I have no idea what the licensing issues would be to actually print up cards themselves, I decided that a small magazine, each issue based on a particular theme of the blog, would be fun to put together.
I started with a 24-page ‘zine on the “missing” 1972 In-Action cards ("MIA-MIA") I’ve been posting for some time, and it came out great! Just nice to have them together to look at in actual card size, side-by-side as if in a binder with plastic sleeves.
Now that I have this here, I thought maybe some of you may want one yourselves.
I wish I could send this out to anyone interested for free, and in no way is this a “money-maker” for me, the $5 price for the ‘zine plus $2 postage is to cover printing costs and shipping materials, but if any of you want to order one please let me know and I’ll put one aside for you.
I’m going to go and order a batch of them today so they’ll be here within a week and ready to go out asap.
I also plan on going ahead and designing/laying out the “1970 Missing in Action” cards-issue next, all the "Missing in Action" cards I designed for the 1970 set until present date, followed by the same for 1971, 1972, etc.
I'm definitely printing a series of these 'zines for myself, but if any of you want a copy of a particular issue just let me know! You can email me at: slogun23@gmail.com
I'll keep everyone posted as far as new issues as they come.
Thanks!
Gio

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.