Time for another week of 1970's baseball trivia. As this week we'll revisit my fourteenth trivia post from 2013.As usual, the answers will be posted tomorrow.
1. Oddly enough, the top two high water marks for runs scored by a player in a season for the 1970's happened in the same league, same year. Who were the two players?
2. What American League player had the highest stolen base total for a season during the decade?
3. Who was the only player to lead the A.L. In triples three times in the 1970's?
4. The same player who topped the American League in runs scored for the decade also lead in total doubles for the same time period. Who is it?
5. Who was the only player to lead his league in runs three consecutive years in the 1970's? And what years were they?
***SPOILER ALERT! ANSWERS BELOW:
1. Billy Williams (137) and Bobby Bonds (134): 1970.
2. Willie Wilson, Royals: 83 in 1979.
3. George Brett, Royals: 1976, 1976 & 1979.
4. Amos Otis, Royals: 861 Runs and 286 Doubles.
5. Pete Rose, Reds: 1974 through 1976.