Let's give my eleventh trivia set from 2013 another shot here. See how many you can answer, and I'll post the answers tomorrow.
2. In 1975 this St. Louis Cardinal had a 16 game hitting streak in which he collected exactly one hit in each of those games. Who is he?
3. The 1972 season saw no less than four pitchers with sub-2.00 E.R.A.'s. Name all four. Hint: two were in the A.L. and two were in the N.L.
4. In almost 1000 career at-bats, he hit his only home run against his own brother on May 29, 1976. Who was he?
5. This player fell one at-bat short of becoming the first player in Major League history to record 700 official at-bats in a season. Who was it?
***SPOILER ALERT! ANSWERS BELOW:
1. Paul and Rick Reuschel, Chicago Cubs.
2. Ted Sizemore.
3. Gaylord Perry, Indians; Luis Tiant, Red Sox, Steve Carlton, Phillies and Gary Nolan, Reds.
4. Joe Niekro, Astros, off his brother Phil, who was pitching for the Braves.
5. Dave Cash, Phillies. He posted 699 at-bats with 213 hits in 1975.