Here's a revisit with the eighth round of weekly trivia related to 1970's baseball that was originally posted here in July of 2013...See how many you can answer.As usual, I'll post the answers tomorrow.
1. Which Yankee broke up three no-hitters in the 9th inning in less than one month in 1970?
2. Bob Gibson's 3000th strikeout victim in 1974 is the same batter who will go on to be Nolan Ryan's 3000th strikeout victim 6 years later. Who is he?
3. Who was the first player in history to get 100 hits from each side of the plate, achieving this in 1979?
4. Just in time for the end of the decade: who became the first player to earn a million dollars a year, signing his contract in November of 1979?
5. Who was the only player to lead the league in batting during the '70's without a home run?
***SPOILER ALERT! ANSWERS BELOW:
1. Horace Clarke.
2. Cesar Geronimo.
3. Garry Templeton, St. Louis Cardinals.
4. Nolan Ryan, signing with the Houston Astros.
5. Rod Carew in 1972. He batted .318 while failing to hit any homers.