Thursday, October 29, 2015
JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT- 1970'S BASEBALL TRIVIA PART #119 (A REVISIT OF #37)
Another week, another set of trivia questions for you to ponder.
This week I'm focusing on 30-save seasons during the 1970's.
See which ones you can get.
As usual, I'll post the answers tomorrow.
1. Of all 30-save seasons in both the N.L. and A.L. through the '70's, who posted the most losses in a season of 30+ saves?
2. Who posted the lowest E.R.A. in a 30-save season during the decade?
3. Who posted the most wins during a 30-save season?
4. Who struck out the most batters in a 30-save season during the '70's?
5. Who appeared in the fewest games during a 30-save season in the 1970's?
***SPOILER ALERT! ANSWERS BELOW:
1. Mike Marshall, Twins. 15 losses in 1979.
2. Bruce Sutter, Cubs. A 1.34 E.R.A. in 1977.
3. Mike Marshall, Expos. 14 wins in 1973.
4. Bruce Sutter, Cubs. 129 K's in 1977.
5. Dave Giusti, Pirates. 58 appearances in 1971.