Today we revisit my 22nd Trivia set from Halloween, 2013. Take a stab and see what you can get. I'll post the answers tomorrow...
2. Two players share the low-mark for 1st place M.V.P. votes among winners during the 1970's, one in the A.L. and one in the N.L. Who are they?
3. In the 1970 American League Cy Young voting, the fourth place finisher had just as many 1st place votes as the winner, Jim Perry, with six, more than even the second and third place finishers. Who was he?
4. Who was the only unanimously voted Rookie of the Year winner during the decade?
5. What pitcher managed to finish in second place in the N.L. Cy Young race in 1977, then finish in second place in the A.L. Cy Young race two years later in 1979?
***SPOILER ALERT! ANSWERS BELOW:
1. Sparky Lyle, New York Yankees. 158 MVP points in 1972.
2. Jeff Burroughs, Texas Rangers in 1974 and Keith Hernandez, St. Louis Cardinals in 1979 (co-winner with Willie Stargell). Both had only 10 first place votes.
3. Mike Cuellar, Baltimore Orioles.
4. Carlton Fisk, Boston Red Sox. 1972.
5. Tommy John, Los Angeles Dodgers in '77 and New York Yankees in '79.