Let's go and revisit Trivia Set #24 from November 2013. See how many you can get before I post the answers tomorrow.
2. While Nolan Ryan did so four times in the '70's, no National League pitcher averaged 10+ K's per nine innings over a single season. Who came the closest?
3. Name the only batter to receive more than 30 intentional base on balls during a season in the decade? As a matter of fact, this batter had 40 of them. Who is it?
4. Who is the only National League player to reach base over 300 times in a season during the 1970's? A feat he accomplished four times!
5. Only one time during the 1970's in either league did the stolen base champ end up with less than 50 steals. Who was it?
***SPOILER ALERT! ANSWERS BELOW:
1. Don Gullett. 1971 (.727) with the Reds, and 1977 (.778) with the Yankees.
2. J.R. Richard, Astros. 1978 at 9.904.
3. Willie McCovey, Giants. 1970.
4. Pete Rose, Reds in 1973, 1975, 1976 and Phillies in 1979.
5. Bert Campaneris, A's. 1970 with 42..