Wednesday, October 15, 2014

DEDICATED "ROOKIE CARDS" #8: 1976 RON GUIDRY

Seems like I'm a bit Ron Guidry heavy recently, with a "highlight" card, a "nickname" card, and now a "dedicated rookie" card.
Then again, why not?! I STILL love Guidry and everything he did for the Yankees as I was growing up!
I always wanted to create a dedicated rookie for him, since his actual rookie card from the 1976 set is both a multi-player (ugh) AND uses a horrible almost-unrecognizable photo of him without his mustache.
As a matter of fact, in 1976 he already was sporting his 'stache, so I found an "early" image of him to use on this card-creation, though I find the info on the photo suspect, as it states it's from 1975 (no way).
Nevertheless, here's my 1976 Topps "Dedicated Rookie" for "Louisiana Lightning":


Thanks for the memories Ron!!!!
#49 forever!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.