Monday, September 23, 2024

REVISITING ANOTHER 10 YEAR OLD POST: MISSING IN ACTION- 1973 BOB RAUCH

On the blog today, we revisit an early "Missing in Action" card for the blog, this one my missing 1973 card for "one year wonder" Bob Rauch of the New York Mets:


Here's the original write-up for that post way back when:
Ok, so this guy really didn't put in a lot of tome to warrant a card the following year, but I did find a great high-resolution image of him so I went ahead and designed a card anyway.
Check out my 1973 Bob Rauch Topps card.
Rauch's entire Major League career encompassed 19 games for the Mets in 1972, saving one and posting a record of 0-1.
Drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1967, Rauch would end up playing for the Dodgers, Mets, Indians and A's minor league systems, finally calling it a career in 1975.
I think it's fun working on cards of guys that barely registered a "blip" on the Major League scene, and I think I'll try coming up with more and more of them as time goes on.
Hope you enjoy them as well…

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.