Monday, March 20, 2023

1960'S "DEDICATED ROOKIES"- 1967 TOM SEAVER

Up on the blog today, we have my 1967 "dedicated rookie" for the great Tom Seaver, from my 1960's Dedicated Rookie set released in 2020:



I loved creating this set featuring all the Hall of Famers at the time who appeared on a multi-player rookie card during the 1960's.
What needs to be said about the greatest New York Met to ever suit up?
The man would end up with a 311-205 record along with 61 shutouts and 3640 strikeouts to go with a brilliant 2.86 ERA over 20-seasons and 656 appearances, 647 of which were starts.
He was in prime form in the mid-70’s, putting together nine straight 200 strikeouts seasons while getting tabbed to ten all-star teams in his first eleven seasons.
God I loved Tom Seaver when I was a kid. More than any other pitcher of that era I was in awe of this man. He just seemed like a "super-hero" to me.
Just look at all my other posts dedicated to the man here on this blog. He was other-worldly to me growing up in New York City as a kid in the 1970's.
Even if he WAS a Met, to this young Yankee fan he was unquestionably the best pitcher in the game at that time.
Rest in Peace "Tom Terrific"!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.