Friday, March 25, 2022

SPECIAL SPOTLIGHT: "LOST" 1963 FLEER SECOND SERIES: MICKEY MANTLE

Today I start a fun new thread, profiling each card I created for my custom "Lost" 1963 Fleer set I produced a few months back, beginning with my Mickey Mantle card:

 
The set contained 22 cards, 20 "missing" 1963 Fleer cards as well as two special 1961 Fleer "Greats", Josh Gibson and Satchel Paige.
I'll profile about one a week from this set to bring them to those who didn't pick a set up when available for purchase.
Mantle was coming off his third MVP season when this card would have seen the light of day, helping the New York Yankees win another World Series, his seventh and final championship of his incredible career.
Mantle is one of those guys I really don't think we need to get into as far as his accomplishments on the baseball diamond. It'd be kind of like a joke to start writing about his career since it would take up a book's worth.
But alas, 500+ homers, a bushel of World Championships, three Most Valuable Player Awards, and the hearts of more fans than we can even imagine to this day.
"The Mick" in all his glory, enshrined in his rightful place in Cooperstown, along with his longtime buddy Whitey Ford in the same HOF class.
Not too bad a Hollywood script...

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.