Saturday, July 25, 2020

1977 MARINERS RE-DO: LARRY COX

Time to add former catcher Larry Cox to my on-going thread of “fixing” all of the Seattle Mariner and Toronto Blue Jays airbrushed cards from the 1977 set:


Now, not that I really hate the original airbrushed cards. Since that was the first year I truly collected cards they have a special place in my heart.
However since I’m finding these nice images of the players in their respective uniforms I figured it’d be fun to have an updated set.
For those that don’t remember, here’s the original as released by the fine folks at Topps:


Though he wouldn’t get his first baseball card until the 1977 set, he did actually get some playing time in the Majors in 1973, 1974 and 1975, all with the Phillies.
He’d see his most action in 1979 & 1980 while with the Seattle Mariners, appearing in over 100 games for the only two times in his career.
Nevertheless, Cox would play nine years in the big leagues, finishing up after the 1982 season with a .221 batting average based on 182 hits in 825 at-bats over 348 games, most with Seattle.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.