Sunday, February 10, 2019

AIRBRUSHING THROUGH THE 1970'S- 1976 ED GOODSON

About three years ago I created a 1976 Ed Goodson card featuring him as an Atlanta Braves, to mark the 1975 season before his trade to the Los Angeles Dodgers as part of the “1976 Project” for my buddy “Reader Jim”.
Recently I found the airbrushed image that was used for his actual 1976 Topps card, so I decided to post it here along with the card I created way back when. Check it out:



Goodson was part of the trade between Atlanta and Los Angeles that included Dusty Baker going West while Lee Lacy, Tom Paciorek, Jerry Royster and Jim Wynn went East.
Seems like a lopsided deal no?
Anyway, Topps had to scramble for all those players to get them on their “current” team for the 1976 set, giving us some memorable airbrushing.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.