Wednesday, April 1, 2015

MISSING IN ACTION- 1970 RON LAW

Here was a fun card to design: a 1970 "missing" card for short-lived Major League pitcher Ron Law of the Cleveland Indians.
Take a look at my card:


Turns out the Canadian's only Major League action was the 1969 season, when he appeared in 35 games for the Tribe, good for 52.1 innings, in which he fashioned a 3-4 record with a 4.99 E.R.A., a save and 29 strikeouts.
I'm getting more and more into the idea of creating cards for these guys with brief (even briefer) MLB careers since I'm finding nice images of them online.
I know it kind of flies in the face of my "Why?" series profiling guys who barely played the previous season, but a guy like Law here, with 35 games and 52.1 innings deserves a slab of cardboard, no?
Keep an eye out for more of these guys in the near future, as I have been trolling the web for players like this and have come up BIG!
Too much fun……

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.