Time for another round of 1970's baseball trivia.
This week I take a look at pitchers who lead their league in WHIP during the decade.
See how many you can get.
Answers tomorrow, as usual…
1. Among WHIP leaders during the 1970's, who posted the fewest wins during their league-leading season?
2. Of all WHIP leaders in the '70's, who suffered the most losses that year?
3. Who posted the fewest strikeouts among WHIP leaders in the decade?
4. Who threw the fewest shutouts in a year they lead their league in WHIP?
5. Finally. Who posted the lowest WHIP in any season during the 1970's?
***SPOILER ALERT! ANSWERS BELOW:
1. Ed Halicki, Giants. 9 wins in 1978.
2. Fergie Jenkins, Cubs. 16 losses in 1970.
3. Ken Forsch, Astros. 58 K's in 1979.
4. Luis Tiant, Red Sox. He failed to throw a single shutout in 1973!
5. Roger Nelson, Royals. A sterling 0.87 WHIP in 1972.