Monday, March 16, 2020

1974 COACH CARD- JOHN ROSEBORO

Thought it’d be fun to create a 1974 coach card for former All-Star catcher John Roseboro since I found this image recently. So here goes:


Before I get into his bio, please let me explain why it will be so short. With all the stuff going on regarding the Coronavirus, and all the terrifying news blasting us 24/7 lately, I’m really trying my hardest to stay motivated to keep this blog and Twitter feed going, much to my dismay.
Anyway, without getting into the intense anxiety enveloping me with it all, seems the only way I can keep it going is with creating the cards, and just posting them up. The bio’s will suffer a bit.
My apologies, but here we go.

After Roseboro’s very nice 14-year MLB career as an All-Star catcher with the Los Angeles Dodgers, Minnesota Twins and Washington Senators, he went on to coaching, with a stint for the California Angels in the mid-70’s.
One of the games better defensive backstops in the 1960’s, he took home two Gold Gloves while making the All-Star team four-times.
As a member of the Dodgers, Roseboro was a 3-time World Champion (1959, 1963 and 1965), getting to catch Hall of Famers Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale and Don Sutton during the Dodger hey days of the decade.
Check out Roseboro’s career statistics here:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/rosebjo01.shtml

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.