Sunday, March 31, 2019

TRADED- 1977 PAUL BLAIR

Today I post up my 1977 “Traded” card for Gold Glover Paul Blair, who found himself heading to the division-rival New York Yankees before the season began:


Now, I do know that Blair would actually have a “Yankees” 1977 card as part of the Burger King set, but I wanted to add to my running set since I like the horizontal lay-out I’ve been working with.
Blair was traded to the Bronx for Elliot Maddox and Rick Bladt, and lucky for him he’d end up being a part of the back-to-back World Champion “Bronx Zoo” teams.
That would give him four World Championships over his stellar career, two with Baltimore and two with New York, along with an amazing eight Gold Gloves and two All-Star nods.
One of the greatest fielding outfielders the game ever saw, Blair anchored the outfield for the powerhouse Orioles of the late-60’s/early-70’s while giving them a solid bat as well.
He would end up putting in a very nice 17-year Major League career before retiring in 1980 at the age of 36, hitting .250 with 1513 hits, 134 homer, 171 stolen bases and 776 runs scored.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER...

@wthballs
Everything baseball: cards, events, history and more.